Saturday, June 6, 2009

Teatime in Ping Lin!!!





If ever you hear someone say they can't stand drinking Tea, tell them to think again and visit Ping Lin; a place where you can have the distinct pleasure, of being able to eat it!!!

Situated, literally around the corner from the Ping Lin Tea Museum, is the most amazing Tea Restaurant that I have ever had the pleasure of going to, not so hard considering, as it's the only one I've been to, but I digress.....

The crispy, battered tea leaves, came with a salt & white pepper dip(not wet, just a plain old salt and pepper mix), but what else do you need, when you don't want to take away from the subtle flavour that fills your mouth, immediately following the non-greasy crunch!

The Angel Hair Egg Noodles drizzled with Tea Oil, were nothing short of; hmmm, let me think.....no, for once on my life I'm speechless!!! Who knew that tea oil had such a delicate, smokey taste and albeit being an oil, isn't oily at all!

Steam Bun(Manapua) lovers beware. The cloud-like, Green Tea Powder Buns, came filled with succulent, roasted Pork Belly and Iceberg Lettuce; The perfume of the tea, the flavour of the pork and the crunch of the lettuce, were a perfect 'Menage a Trois', if you ask me!

The Soup(ordered by Tayler, I hasten to add), was a clear broth of freshly picked Tea Leaves, 'Black Chicken', Chilies and a surprisingly delicious, loofa looking, celery root tasting vegetable, whose name escapes me right now!!!

.....and finally, the dessert, which was free of charge, but full of taste. A Ping Lin Tea Jell-O, served with a small amount of slightly sweetened cream, don't even try to imagine this, as your taste buds, until you've tried it, won't know what to tell you!!!

Later,

Ades

1 comment:

  1. So Yummy I wanted a 2nd stomach. Now after reading this I am again hungry

    ReplyDelete